The AEC Collection provides structural professionals with integrated tools for a seamless,
BIM-based process that connects steel design, fabrication, and construction in a more efficient and
accurate way. With steel detailing more tighly linked to design, fabrication progresses more
smoothly and fabricators collaborate more easily with designers and construction partners to
enhance overall project quality.
Get All Your Tools in One Place
The AEC Collection by Autodesk bundles together all of the tools you will need in a BIM process.
Using AEC Collection, firms can transition to BIM at their own pace by providing Autodesk Revit,
BIM-based software for design and documentation, as well as AutoCAD and AutoCAD vertical
product while subscribing to a single software solution.
Added Value with Analysis, Visualization, Detailing and Fabrication
Autodesk wants customers to receive a better value from their subscriptions to the AEC Collection,
and make it easier for them to implement design-to-construction workflows. With these changes,
Autodesk has now made it easier for customers to access interoperable software for analysis,
visualization, detailing, and fabrication that work with the core design tools they use every day.
- Autodesk® Advance Steel
- Autodesk® Fabrication CADmep
- Autodesk® Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- Autodesk® Dynamo Studio
- Autodesk® Revit Live
- Autodesk® Structural Bridge Design
AEC Collection includes BIM-based tools for sketching and early design, integrated energy and structural analysis tools, design visualizations software, and coordination and clash detection software. It includes Autodesk’s flagship BIM products, such as Revit, and Navisworks, as well as AutoCAD and AutoCAD verticals, and supporting BIM technology.
Top Products Included
Revit – Software for Building Information Modeling
Civil 3D – Civil engineering design and construction documentation
Infraworks – Geospatial and engineering BIM platform for planning, design and analysis
AutoCAD – Software for 2D and 3D CAD including specialized toolsets and apps
Key Business Benefits with AEC Collection
- Lower costs and increase margin by reducing rework: Ensure that the entire team is building from the correct version of the 3Dmodelby leveraging the fully bidirectional link between Revit design model and Advance Steel detail model. Automatically update the documentation when design modifications occur. Minimize errors and fabrication waste at workshop by using NC files
that automate production lines.
- Save time with automation: Advance Steel extends the BIM process directly to fabrication tools, you can automatically create the data needed to drive CNC machines and export your 3D model into management information software (MIS).
- Win more work: Differentiate your firm from competition with extended service offerings you can provide by using the tools in the AEC Collection for analysis, fabrication, design, and coordination. Help fabricators win new work by offering enhanced design assist services.Improve service to clients and overall quality through better design, shop, and field coordination.
- Better coordinate and manage design changes: Links to the design model between Revit and Advance Steel make it easy to account for late design changes, and reduces the time required by manual coordination. Use Navisworks Manage to coordinate between multi-discipline models and help prevent errors in fabrication before going on site.
The Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection equips you to realize your best design ideas, and bring predictability to the building design process. Use the broadest portfolio of interoperable BIM and CAD technologies for better productivity and more insight into all phases of building design. Build your capability to deliver great design.
- Architectural design – Use a connected BIM (Building Information Modeling) workflow to take designs from concept through construction documentation. (video: 4:17 min.)
- Structural design – Powerful tools help you manage multidiscipline coordination and move from conceptual design to analysis, documentation, and detailing. (video: 3:51 min.)
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design – Use tools for conceptual design, analysis, and detailing coordination of building systems.
Tools For All Phases of INFRASTRUCTURE
The Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection gives you the broadest portfolio of software and cloud technologies to connect vertical and horizontal Building Information Modeling processes across the project lifecycle, so you can deliver more scalable, sustainable and resilient civil infrastructure.
- Road and highway engineering – Efficiently move road and highway projects from preliminary design and visualization to simulation, analysis, and detailed engineering. (video: 3:42 min.)
- Land development – Tools for reality capture, conceptual design, analysis, and construction documentation help support your land development projects. (video: 2:22 min.)
- Plant design – Use tools for intelligent, spec-driven drafting and modeling, performance analysis, and construction-ready isometrics for fabrication and installation.
What can architects do with the Autodesk AEC Collection?
See how you can use a connected BIM workflow to take designs from concept through
construction documentation with integrated performance analysis and visualization features with
the Autodesk Architecture, Engineering and Construction Collection of building design software.
What can structural professionals do with the Autodesk AEC Collection?
See how powerful software tools in the AEC Collection help you manage multi-discipline
coordination and move from conceptual design to analysis, documentation, and detailing.
What can MEP engineers do with the Autodesk AEC Collection?
Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design
Use tools for conceptual design, analysis, and detailing coordination of building systems.
- Connected workflows for Architecture with the AEC Collection- Download
- Connected workflows for Structural Design, Detailing and Fabrication with the AEC Collection – Download
- Connected workflows for Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing design and detailing with the AEC Collection – Download
- Connected workflows for Land Development projects with the AEC Collection – Download
- Connected workflows for Road & Highway projects with the AEC Collection – Download
This 3 days module will teach participants the concept of model coordination
Our team of experts can save you time by creating project templates and can assist with the import and export of data between Autodesk and other software applications.
Advantages of Autodesk
- Vault facilitates design collaboration among large teams and it is easily scalable when a team grows.
- Vault incorporates new features from Autodesk and Microsoft as they become available with software upgrades.
- Vault manages shared objects when checking a drawing into the database.
- You can use project templates when creating projects in Vault.
- An optional multi-site Vault feature supports the sharing of individual vaults by workgroups in separate geographical locations. This feature supports the same data management and backup functionality that Vault provides on a local network.
Monitor & Manage Construction easily with our technology