BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING SOFTWARE
Revit is a design and documentation platform that supports the design, drawings, and schedules required for building information modeling (BIM). BIM delivers information about project design, scope, quantities, and phases when you need it.
Built for BIM
- Revit supports a multidiscipline design process for collaborative design. Its powerful tools let you use the intelligent model-based process to plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.
- Model building components, analyze and simulate systems and structures, and iterate designs. Generate documentation from Revit models.
- Work with members of an extended project team. Revit imports, exports, and links your data with commonly used formats, including IFC, DWG™, and DGN.
Learn more about IFC (US site)
- Multiple project contributors can access centrally shared models. This results in better coordination, which helps reduce clashes and rework.
- Communicate design intent more effectively to project owners and team members by using models to create high-impact 3D visuals.
Extend the power of Revit with cloud services
Rendering: Produce photorealistic renderings from designs and models, managing large batches of rendering jobs in a fraction of the time required on your desktop
Autodesk® Insight: Use this Revit plug-in to guide better building energy and environmental performance
Use Revit to take an idea from conceptual design to construction documentation within a single software environment. Sketch freely, create 3D forms quickly, and manipulate forms interactively. The software creates floorplans, elevations, sections, 3D views and more all based on your specifications as you design. Optimize building performance outcomes by analyzing materials, quantities, sun position, and solar effects. Generate stunning visualizations and walk-throughs to effectively communicate your designs.
Conceptual design tools – Sketch and create freeform models and create massing studies.
Analysis with Insight – Optimize building performance with centralized access to performance data and advanced analysis engines.
Architectural modeling – Add architectural elements to the building model, including walls, doors, windows, and components.
Point cloud tools – Connect laser scans directly to the BIM process to author an as-built model.
3D design visualization – Explore, validate, and communicate designs. Render more quickly and accurately with Autodesk Raytracer rendering engine.
Multistory stairs – Quickly create and modify multistory buildings by connecting stairs to the levels in your project.
Cloud rendering – Produce photorealistic visualizations without tying up your desktop or using special rendering hardware.
Design and documentation
- Place intelligent elements like walls, doors, and windows. Revit generates floor plans, elevations, sections, schedules, 3D views, and renderings.
- Optimize building performance early in the design process, run cost estimates, and monitor performance changes over the project’s and building’s lifetime.
- Generate photorealistic renderings. Create documentation with cut-aways and 3D views, and stereo panoramas to extend your design to virtual reality.
- Since Revit is a multidiscipline BIM platform, you can share model data with engineers and contractors within Revit, reducing coordination tasks.
Use tools specific to structural design to create intelligent structure models in coordination with other building components. Evaluate how well they conform to building and safety regulations. Conduct structural analysis and export to analysis and design applications with the analytical model while you create the physical model in Revit. Connect steel design and detailing workflows. Define design intent for a higher level of detail for steel connections in the Revit model. Model 3D concrete reinforcement in an advanced BIM environment.
Design MEP building systems with greater accuracy and in better coordination with architectural and structural components, using the coordinated and consistent information in the intelligent model. Design, model, and document building systems in the context of a full building information model, including architectural and structural components. Conduct simulations and interference detection earlier in the design process. Use conceptual energy analysis data for engineering-driven calculations. Model for MEP fabrication with tools that automate the fabrication model layout. Prepare a model for detailed coordination of fabrication and installation.
- Streamline the engineering design process with Revit. Use a single model to enhance the communication of design intent, before construction begins.
- Conduct simulations and interference detection earlier in the design process. Use conceptual energy analysis data for engineering-driven calculations.
- Design, model, and document building systems in the context of a full building information model, including architectural and structural components.
- Model for MEP fabrication with tools that automate the fabrication model layout. Prepare a model for detailed coordination of fabrication and installation.
Evaluate constructability and design intent before construction begins. Gain a better understanding of the means, methods, and materials, and how they all come together. Use Revit models to coordinate information to improve office-to-field efficiency, quality assurance, and quality control. Increase construction site layout productivity. Model steel connections with a higher level of detail. Use tools to better connect structural design to detailing, helping reduce time to fabrication. Use integrated content from fabrication products to convey intent beyond the design phase. Create models ready for fabrication and building systems installation.
Make smarter decisions
- Reuse design intent models to make planning and preconstruction decisions earlier. Align your construction modeling efforts for downstream uses.
Connect design to detailing
- Model steel connections with a higher level of detail. Use tools to better connect structural design to detailing, helping reduce time to fabrication.
Prepare for fabrication
- Use integrated content from fabrication products to convey intent beyond the design phase. Create models ready for fabrication and building systems installation.
- Use Revit models to coordinate information to improve office-to-field efficiency, quality assurance, and quality control. Increase construction site layout productivity.
OPTIMIZED FOR THE BIM PROCESS IN INDUSTRY
Technology is transforming the way that buildings and infrastructure are designed, constructed, and operated. And it’s helping to improve decision making and performance across the building and infrastructure lifecycle.
- Architecture – Make better design decisions, improve building performance, and collaborate more effectively throughout the project lifecycle.
- Civil – Use intelligent, connected workflows to help improve predictability, productivity and profitability
- Construction – Digitize your construction site and connect project information from design through construction and handover.
- MEP – Improve MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) design quality and collaborate in real time to support the project delivery process.
- Plant – Manage the design and construction of intelligent piping, structures, and processes more efficiently and collaboratively throughout project lifecycle and at hand-off.
- Structures – Explore how structural design and detailing software helps you win new business and support project delivery.
Tools created expressly for your discipline
Tools for architects
- Take an idea from conceptual design to construction documentation within a single software environment. Optimize building performance and create stunning visualizations.
Tools for structural engineers
- Use tools specific to structural design to create intelligent structure models in coordination with other building components. Evaluate how well they conform to building and safety regulations.
Tools for MEP engineers
- Design MEP building systems with greater accuracy and in better coordination with architectural and structural components, using the coordinated and consistent information in the intelligent model.
Tools for construction professionals
- Evaluate constructability and design intent before construction begins. Gain a better understanding of the means, methods, and materials, and how they all come together.
What Is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
Many iconic structures popping up all over the world—from skyscrapers to bridges—are designed and built using Building Information Modeling (BIM), a 3D-modeling process that is transforming the architecture, engineering, and construction industry. With the evolution of parametric modeling and reality capture, structural data is becoming increasingly rich and complex, saving time and money in project preparations while preventing errors and expensive change orders. Whether you know a lot or a little about BIM, its storied history is longer than you may think.
REVIT 2019 – WHAT’S NEW? Interview with Autodesk
Interview on YouTube with Lejla from Autodesk at their VR Studio in Munich to chat about the new Revit 2019 version.
Revit enables design and construction in BIM
This international architecture firm implemented BIM with all partners involved in the design and construction of the Cachan Ecole Normale Supérieure.
PAGOH – Fakulti Teknologi Kejuruteraan, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM) bersama rakan industri iaitu Bina Initiatives Sdn. Bhd. telah melaksanakan program KPT-PACE, Pensijilan Building Information Modelling (BIM) Proficiency With Autodesk Revit Structure...
This 3 days module will teach participants the concept of model coordination
Our team of experts can save you time by creating project templates and can assist with the import and export of data between Autodesk and other software applications.
Advantages of Autodesk
- Vault facilitates design collaboration among large teams and it is easily scalable when a team grows.
- Vault incorporates new features from Autodesk and Microsoft as they become available with software upgrades.
- Vault manages shared objects when checking a drawing into the database.
- You can use project templates when creating projects in Vault.
- An optional multi-site Vault feature supports the sharing of individual vaults by workgroups in separate geographical locations. This feature supports the same data management and backup functionality that Vault provides on a local network.
Monitor & Manage Construction easily with our technology